The Kingdom Of Back By Marie Lu

Author : Anantha Shri

I am going to tell you a story you already know. But listen carefully, because within it is one you have never heard before.

Wow, this was truthfully, the most refreshing YA book I have read so far. (Six of Crows was amazing, but it broke me..) And I learnt a lot. Who knew Wolfgang Mozart had a sister? Not I… and I feel bad for not knowing that.

Even monsters must dream of fears and wants, and the sadness in his voice drew me closer.

Anyways, I gave this a 5-star review, because it deserved it. It was lyrical, dark, and just Enchanting…

“But be wary of what you wish for,” he went on. “Wishes have a habit of surprising their makers.”

So, this is basically a YA historical fiction novel, and is, sadly, a standalone. This was Marie Lu’s first book in this Genre, and it took her over a decade in the making, so you can see that she has poured her heart and soul into this book.

"Look hard enough, Fräulein, and the kingdom will show you every truth that your world doesn't."

We follow Maria Anna Mozart, otherwise known as Nannerl Mozart, who is Woflgang’s older sister, who is as much as a prodigy he is, but she has accept that she will not be remembered in this world, as she is a woman, and they do live in the 1800’s, so you can understand her frustration, while her brother, will become a well- known composer.

“All men are villains.”

Then one day, a stranger who, apparently, comes from another world, asks her for a favour. He promises to make her ‘immortal’ (in the context, that she will be remembered forever), and she has to do some tasks for him.

I am the sister, the other Mozart. And her story is mine.

I, as I stated before, enjoyed this book. It was everything I needed at that time, something to escape into, but something that doesn’t leave me in a crying mess. It was amazing. And the strong bond between Nanerl and Woferl, was just, adorable...
And you can understand why she is always like “Women should not do this, that is unladylike”.. After all they did live in the 1800’s(I am going to stop before I break into another speech, I just finished yelling at some other character ...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog